Living Life with Purpose
June 2nd - June 16th, 2018
Have you ever asked yourself whether God may have a specific purpose for your life and how you could find out about it? Living Life with Purpose is a workshop run by ChristChurch London aimed at exploring these important questions.
The workshop takes place across two Saturdays, 2 and 16 June, from 10.00 to 16.30 at St. Paul's Shadwell, 302 The Highway, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W 3DH.
Each of the two days includes a combination of talks by Dr Michael Pluess, a chartered psychologist based at Queen Mary University of London, and discussions in small groups led by trained coaches.
During the workshop you will learn about the importance of knowing and living out your calling, hear about the many different aspects of calling, and receive guidance in identifying your particular calling.
In addition to the talks, the workshop will feature group activities lead by coaches, homework in preparation for the coaching sessions, and the offer of prayer, if desired, from members of the ChristChurch London Prayer Team.
In order to get most out of this course it is required that you will attend both Saturday sessions and make time to complete the homework that you will be sent together with instructions ahead of the course.
The course costs £30 per person, which includes tea and coffee, lunch and course materials for both days.
- PLEASE NOTE - This event takes place over TWO Saturdays (2 and 16 June). Please make sure that you are able to attend both sessions before registering! Thank you!
June 6th - July 18th, 2018
Everyone has questions.
We believe that everyone should have the chance to explore the Christian faith, ask questions and share their point of view.
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. We’ll be using the new Alpha Film Series, which is a brand new way to explore and features interviews and stories from around the world.
Alpha begins on Weds June 6th for 7 weeks at The Swiss Church (Endell Street, WC2H 9DY), and we’d love you to join us!
Drum & Percussion Workshop
June 11th, 2018
Reuben Harsant (Martin Smith's drummer) will be joining us to put on a session about drumming & percussion in Worship. Will obviously be super helpful if you're a drummer or percussionist, but is for anyone that wants a bit of musical inspiration!
@ The Joint
1 Field Street
Central London Summer Barbecue
June 30th, 2018
It's BBQ season! Sam and Nicky Kay are very kindly opening their home in North London to the whole Central London service so that we can make the most of the summer sunshine (hopefully!). We'll be providing soft drinks and sausages, but please do bring anything else that you'd like to eat or drink: meat, salads, desserts...anything you fancy. This is a great chance to get to know people from across our whole service in a totally different setting.
When: Saturday 30th June, 3pm - 7.30pm
Once you've registered you'll find the full location information. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Christ Church London Leadership Retreat 2018
August 30th - September 1st, 2018
Last year's Leadership Retreat (Leader's Weekend Away) was the highlight of 2017 for us and we're expecting another great time this year of teaching, training, ministry and time out to be with each other.
We had a lot of feedback last year for a bit less free time and more content, which we are building into this year's retreat.
We're also really excited to let you know that Debby Wright has agreed to come and speak. Debby & her husband John head up the Vineyard UK network of churches.
Please note, if finances present a challenge to you attending then please speak to Faith at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work out a payment plan!
Practical details for the weekend
Dates: Evening (8pm) of Thursday, 30 August until early afternoon on Saturday, 1 Sept (Check-In is any time after 3pm and dinner will be available from 5.30pm for children and 7pm for everyone else)
Venue: Wokefield Estate, Goodboys Lane, Reading RG7 3AE
- Individual Room (single occupancy) £220 per person
- 2 Adults Sharing (double occupancy) £110 per person* (NB: The reason an individual room is so much more expensive than a double, is we want to encourage people to share a room together so we can squeeze in more people - but we promise if you're not a couple and are sharing with someone else, you'll get a single bed each!! If you don't have anyone to share with, let us know and we'll find someone (of the same gender!) to bring the cost down for you. Do get in touch if you've got any questions about this).
- Children's Volunteer £100 or £90 per person**
- Children 6-13 £40 per child
- Children 5 and under (sharing parents’ room) Free
*Please indicate who you would prefer to room with on the booking form. Please Note - We cannot 100% guarantee that specific person (unless you're married) but we will room you with a person of the same sex!
* *We are offering a special discounted rate for those who are DBS
checked and would be willing to serve the families by helping out in
Creche during one (£10 off the ticket price) or two sessions (£20 off the ticket price). Please note that this discount is based on double occupancy!
For the first time in ChristChurch London Leader's Weekend Away history, payment will be taken through this Registrations system!
- All meals are included. Hooray!
- Travel is unfortunately not included in the price. It’s a really easy train journey and is less than an hour’s drive from central London. You will then need to get a taxi from the station to Wokefield Estate. (It's best to book these in advance). If you change at Reading and get a connecting 10-minute train to Mortimer, the taxi journey’s only £5 as opposed to £25. And if people are going after work it might be cheaper to go from Waterloo via Basingstoke.
- Programme details will be available closer to the time
- For Families:
- Please make sure to register EVERY person coming with you, including small babies!
- We are offering a discount for anyone who is DBS checked and would be willing to serve in the Creche for one or two sessions. By doing this, we are hoping to be able to release parents to take part in the sessions.
- The venue is able to provide a few cots for children.
- All bedrooms have a bath except the disabled rooms.
- They don't provide bottle warmers but they are happy for us to bring our own. For health and safety reasons, we have to ask the chef for anything else that might need heating up.
- Food will be buffet style like last year. Breakfast is available from 7am and lunch should be available from 12noon. They are also opening dinner up early for us at 5.30pm each evening, just for the children. They will provide a children's menu.
More details will be made available nearer the time. For any queries please email Faith@christchurchlondon.org
Everything Conference 2018
November 17th, 2018
Christian mission often focuses on spiritual and social renewal but what about cultural renewal? What part should that play and how should we go about it?
David and Philippa Stroud will be hosting the Everything Conference which is open to all who want to to be equipped to use the resources they have to create a better world. There will also be opportunities for worship and prayer and we will hear from our special guests (to be announced) who are all working for cultural renewal in different sectors of society and will equip and inspire us to do the same
Our keynote speaker will be Michael Ramsden. Michael addresses audiences around the world on the relevance of the Christian faith to every part of life. He has spoken at NATO HQ in Brussels, the White House, and to Members of the European Parliament. He works with the boards of some of the largest banks and investment funds in the world, and is the International Director of RZIM.
Venue: St. Mary's Church, Marylebone W1H 1PQ
Date: Saturday, 17 November 2018
Price Break 1 (1 Mar - 31 July) - £10
Price Break 2 (1 Aug - 17 Oct) - £15
Price Break 3 (18 Oct - 16 Nov) - £20
On the Day (17 Nov) - £25
Concession - £10